Avocados fit perfectly into a Wheat Belly grain-free lifestyle
Here’s a way to have a delicious and filling avocado for lunch, stuffed with a salsa of tomato, onion, and fresh cilantro. To cart to the office, transport both a whole avocado and some of the pre-made salsa in an airtight container; halve and pit the avocado and spoon salsa over the avocado half just before eating.
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (Roma works well)
- 1 poblano pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 4 medium avocados, halved and pitted
- In medium sized bowl, combine tomato, pepper, onion, salt, pepper, and cilanto and mix.
- Spoon mixture into each avocado half. (Optionally, some of the pulp can be scooped out and used in the salsa.)
- Drizzle lime juice over each and serve.
- (For easy variations, add tuna, crab, or chopped baked chicken to the salsa; add chili powder; add crumbled feta cheese.)
Eat Up & Enjoy!