This recipe is one of 200 in my new Wheat Belly 30-Minute (or less!) Cookbook!
Note that the Wheat Belly Italian Seasoning Mix is specified but you simply substitute with the mix of herbs listed under the asterisked (*) footnote. Also, the Wheat Belly All-Purpose Baking Mix is a mixture pre-made for convenience and modestly improved texture. You can do fine for the present just by using the same volume of almond meal/flour.
The Cookbook does indeed have a collection of seasoning mixes, sauces, salad dressings, puddings, and dessert sauces, as well as breads, main dishes, side dishes, and soups, all designed to be healthy, free of wheat and other grains, using NO gluten-free junk carbohydrate ingredients, no added sugar, and otherwise healthy.
This new Cookbook helps make following the Wheat Belly grain-free lifestyle quick, easy, and accessible to anyone with basic cooking skills.
If you see the kids gobble this Pepperoni Bread down, don’t be fooled
It just looks unhealthy! After all, this “bread” is really just made of ground nuts, coconut, cheese, eggs, and pepperoni.
- 2 cups Wheat Belly All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon Wheat Belly Italian Seasoning Mix*
- *Or substitute 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, 1 teaspoon dried basil, ½ teaspoon dried onion, ½ teaspoon dried garlic
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, combine baking mix and ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Whisk in olive oil and eggs until thoroughly mixed.
- On parchment paper-lined shallow baking pan, pour dough onto paper and form into rectangular shape approximately 10 x 16 inches, ½-inch thickness. Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Remove.
- Lay out pepperoni in 2-3 rows in center of bread, followed by remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle seasoning mix over cheese. Carefully roll one (narrow) end of the bread until fully rolled. Return to oven and bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melted.
- Remove, allow to cool 5 minutes, then slice to desired thickness.
Eat Up & Enjoy!
Oh, and don’t forget to grab your copy of my new Wheat Belly 30-Minute (or less!) Cookbook!