Here’s a chance to showcase your favorite sausage.
Italian sausage is specified, but just about any variety of (uncured) sausage of your choosing can be used.
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces Italian sausage, crumbled (uncured)
- ½ large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Portabella mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs, then stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium heat, sauté sausage and onions in one tablespoon olive oil until onions sof-tened and slightly browned and sausage fully cooked. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach, stir and cover until wilted, generally about 2 minutes. Add the ricotta cheese, mushrooms, and salt. Pour in egg mixture and mix together well. Cover over low to medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove cover, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and place pan in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove (using oven mitt!) from oven. Cool for five minutes then, using a spatula, release the frittata around the edges and under the bottom. Slice and serve.
Eat Up & Enjoy!