Here’s another recipe from the new Wheat Belly 30-Minute (or Less!) Cookbook
In addition to this recipe, in the Wheat Belly 30-Minute (or Less!) Cookbook, you will find new recipes for dinner dishes, light meals, sandwiches, and cookies and cupcakes. In addition, mindful of trying to help everyone assemble delicious foods and meals in less time, there are recipes for healthy wheat-free and junk-free seasoning mixes, sauces, and jams.
All dishes are designed to be made in 30 minutes or less!
I chose this recipe as I thought it would fit perfectly into a holiday menu.
- 2½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup almond meal/flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- Sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¼ cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 14 ounces coconut milk (canned) or heavy cream
- 8 ounces 100% chocolate
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch pie pan.
- In medium size bowl, combine coconut, almond meal/flour, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, sweetener equivalent to ¼-cup sugar, and oil/butter and mix thoroughly. Transfer to greased pie pan, spreading evenly on bottom and partially up sides. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges lightly browned. Remove and cool.
- Meanwhile, while coconut shell baking, heat coconut milk/cream and chocolate in medium saucepan over medium heat just until chocolate melted. Stir in remaining sweetener. Be careful to not overheat. Remove from heat.
- Whip 3 egg whites until stiff peaks form. At reduced speed, blend in egg yolks, vanilla, and remaining cinnamon. Spoon in chocolate mixture and blend in gradually until well mixed.
- Pour chocolate mixture into coconut shell and bake additional 15 minutes. Remove and cool. Refrigerate to set, then serve.