Dr. William Davis is author of the New York Times #1 Bestseller, Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight and Find Your Path Back to Health, the book that turned the nutritional world by storm by challenging the conventional wisdom of “healthy whole grains,” exposing the changes introduced into modern wheat by geneticists responsible for an astounding range of adverse health effects.
He is also author of the NY Times Bestsellers Wheat Belly Cookbook and Wheat Belly 30-Minute (or Less!) Cookbook, and Wheat Belly Total Health to be released September, 2014.
Dr. Davis has discussed his views on major media including The Dr. Oz Show, Live! With Kelly, Fox TV, and CBS This Morning, and has been featured in Prevention magazine, First for Women magazine, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, the New York Post, Woman’s World magazine, Boing Boing, Huffington Post, and others.
The Wheat Belly Total Health Special for the public television network is currently airing nationwide. Find your local stations and times on the PBS website.
Major Television Appearances
The Paleo Way with Chef Pete Evans interview on YouTube
The Dr. Oz Show: Wheat Belly Total Health
- The Dr. Oz Show: The Wheat Belly Diet: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight:
- Documentary Interview: O World Project
- Interview: CBS This Morning
- NPR Interview/Reportwith Alison Aubrey
- Fox News Kansas City interview: Wheat Belly Author compares wheat to opiate
- Milwaukee Fox 6 Now Interview: Gluten Gut Report and 5-Part Interview
- KHOU TV Great Day Houston: Interview
- Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report: Thought for Food — Wheat Addictions
- CBS This Morning Interview: It’s addictive, plain and simple
- The Dr. Oz Show: Are You Addicted to Wheat?
- Global News Vancouver Interview: Lose The Wheat, Lose The Weight
- CBS This Morning Interview: Modern Wheat A Perfect Chronic Poison
- Newsmax Interview: Heart Wheat Health
- Live! With Kelly TV show with Kelly Ripa: Wheat Belly Featured In Bestselling Diet Week Show
- Bill O’Reilly: Comments On Wheat Belly
- CTV Interview, November 17, 2011
- 700 Club Interview, CBN studios, Norfolk, Virginia
- Interview, Fox and Friends, Fox Broadcasting Network (national): Can a whole wheat diet make you fat?
Interview on Windy City Live, Chicago
Windy City Live 2-week challenge: Three viewers take follow the Wheat Belly Total Health grain-free lifestyle for two weeks.
Interview on Arizona Horizon on PBS Phoenix
Major Print Media Features
Dr. Oz Show:Modified Wheat: Dr. Davis Weighs In
- Canada.com: Wheat Belly author declares war on all grains
- Woman’s World Cover Story
- LA Times Health: 5 Questions: Diet advice that goes against the grain
- Time: What’s Your Wheat Problem?
- The National Post: Toast was toast, or how Wheat Belly and its author changed my diet
- New York Times Fashion and Style: Uncommon Advice for Seeking a Fresh Start
- Easy Eats Magazine
- Los Angeles Post: Comment
- The Independent: Grain of truth in wheat-free diet: I lost four stone
- Best of You Today: Interview
- YouBeauty with Jolene Hart: Gluten Free Skin
- Fab Over Fifty: Do You Have Wheat Belly?
- NY Post: Grains of Truth?
- The News Tribune: Eight reasons wheat is making you gain: Doctor says whole wheat packs on belly fat and has a lot in common with opiate drugs
- Chicago Tribune, October 2011: Against the grain: ‘Wheat Belly’ author claims genetically modified staple is destructive to the body
- The Daily Burn: Review
- NewsLeader.com: Reliance on ‘new’ wheat threatens all Americans
- The Atlantic: Your Addiction to Wheat Products is Making You Fat and Unhealthy
- Macleans Magazine: Wheat Belly Interview
- ABC Health
- Women’s Health: Why a wheat-free diet could help you lose weight — and help improve your health
- Newsweek Book Nook: Newsweek Book Nook Review
- Review by Dana Carpender, bestselling author of many low-carb cookbooks, including 500 Low-Carb Recipes, and gracious, clever hostess of the website Hold the Toast
- Life Extension Magazine, October 2011: Wheat: The Un Healthy Grain. An excerpt from Wheat Belly
- Glamour Health and Fitness: Is Wheat Making You Fat?
- Woman’s World: MD’s Discovery: Lose 30 Pounds in 30 Days!
- NPR.org: Talk of the Gluten-Free Nation
Dr. Oz Show: Wheat Belly Author William Davis, MD Answers FAQs