Piña Colada Prebiotic Shake
This delicious recipe is just one of many you will find in Undoctored. This tropical combination of pineapple and coconut is a treat. Use unsweetened frozen or, of course, fresh pineapple, instead of canned. I like using frozen pineapple so that I can use just a little bit at a time and save the rest.
- 1 peeled green banana or peeled raw white potato, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk, or hemp milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh or frozen pineapple
- Sweetener equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon inulin or FOS powder (optional)
In a blender, combine the banana or potato, milk, coconut, pineapple, sweetener, and inulin or FOS powder (if using). Blend until the banana or potato has been liquefied and mixed well. If the shake is too thick, add water as needed and blend to mix. Enjoy!