Stories needed for national TV show

I’m being asked to provide some compelling stories of wheat-free success for an upcoming Wheat Belly segment on a national TV show. (I’m not yet supposed to say which show!)

The show is filmed in New York but short video clips can be filmed right in your home (that they will arrange). If someone with a great wheat-free story to tell lives in the tri-state area (NY, NJ, Connecticut), then there will be an option to come to the studio for filming.

Here is the announcement they’ve asked me to post:

Have you lost a tremendous amount of weight following the Wheat Belly Diet? Have you reversed your diabetes, acid reflux, arthritis, or cleared up your acne? If so, I want to hear from you! A national tv show is looking for people who’ve lost weight and transformed their health following the Wheat Belly Diet.

Please submit the following information to wheatbellydiet@yahoo.com :

Full Name:
Age:
Phone:
Email:
City / State:
Success Story:
2 Recent Photos

This information will go to the producers of the TV show, who will then select the stories they wish to share with the TV audience.

As always, I truly appreciate the effort and commitment required to tell your story. But nothing beats hearing about the experiences of others! Think how many of you learned about this nutritional lesson because of someone else’s positive experience. Here’s a chance to tell your story to a very big audience!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Stories needed for national TV show

1. Katie says:

This is SO cool! Go get ‘em Dr Davis! Show the world! I will be watching!!! Can’t wait to hear what show it is!

2. eema.gray says:

I would love to share my son’s story but have no video/audio of him prior to going wheat free. Without audio, his story doesn’t have the visual or audible appeal it has to me.

3. Wendy says:

To me, it sounds like the Dr. Oz show by what you have described. Be careful though. Be ready for negative comments from them if it is his show. Remember Gary Taubes on his show? Dr.Oz always has the last word……unfortunately.

4. mary snow says:

I just started yesterday Will let you know in a month as at 60 I have acid reflux lots of gas bloated etc as describedded in your book My kids had terrible acne as did I even one baby had infant acne and as a 16 yr old he tried acutane He’s now 24 with a newborn who has baby acne If it works for me I will definitely be telling him\

5. Vivian says:

Too bad the area is limited to the NE US because your message has spread so much further and wonderfully so. Sadly, I never thought to take before and now current photos. My boyfriend says his arms keep growing when he hugs me…I live in N Central Alberta and have been following WB for the last 4 months…lost nearly 30 lbs. and am feeling really well but have had some issues with nighttime muscle cramps and some hair loss (FYI). ..just have no appetite, so I guess I am not paying good attention to my nutrition..not the best candidate for a TV show…but I am still going and dealing with the few negative issues! Checking out what I need for better magnesium consumption through foods and something to help my hair…not sure yet, maybe rosemary and mint.

Yes, Vivian: a magnesium supplement, e.g., magnesium malate 1200 mg twice a day, along with salt and good hydration tends to get rid of the muscle cramps in the majority.

Hair loss tends to signify either iodine deficiency and/or thyroid dysfunction.

6. Pam W says:

You should make every attempt to get Gov. Christie on the wheat belly plan!!

7. Cyndi Brunnet says:

A friend read an article in a woman’s magazine and told me about it. So I read it and it intrigued me. I am disabled due to osteoarthritis in both knees, stress induced asthma in addition to hypothyroidism and borderline diabetic. My friend started a week ago and has lost 3 pounds and I saw her yesterday and her belly isn’t as pronounced as it usually is. I started 2 days ago, after internet research and rereading the article several times. I awoke this morning realizing I actually slept the whole night and felt well-rested…that hasn’t happened in a really long time. Another thing I noticed was that my pain due to plantar faciatis in my left foot was also totally gone. I could barely walk all week-end. The third thing I noticed was that I didn’t wake up hungry. I am always hungry. I can’t wait to see what else is going to happen to me. My friend and I ordered the book and I joined the pages on facebook and spark people. I am excited to be on this new journey!

That is truly wonderful, Cyndi!

Please keep us updated on your experience. Your collection of wheat-related phenomena affect more people than we can possibly imagine.

8. Sharon H says:

I just want to thank you for your book. My husband weighed 312lbs about 14 wks ago, we started with the Real Food Diet Cookbook, then we were told about your book in that 14 wks my husband has lost 49lbs, he has gone from morbidly obese to obese on his way to healthy weight. He is severely asthmatic, when he last saw his asthma Dr we told him we were starting a new lifestyle Tom told him when he saw him again he would be 270, well we just went to see him this week and Tom was 263lbs his lung functions are the best they have been in yrs. I am now 12 lbs lighter, and have had huge improvements as far as acid reflux, IBS, fibromyalgia, I no longer take cholesterol medicine. The first time I ate something and didn’t know what was in it and had a reaction in a matter of seconds I thought it was all in my head and was over reacting, that was before I read your book. Thank you so much, Tom and I are telling everyone and anyone who will listen about your book and is a lifesaver!!
    Sharon

Wow, Sharon!

It’s feedback like this that truly make this whole journey not just worthwhile, but spectacular evidence this approach is a path to transformations in health.

9. Tim Devlin says:

Dr. Davis – Ken Burns has produced a movie entitled ‘The Dust Bowl’ chronicling the midwest during the 1930′s. Among many things that struck me was the children playing in the wheat fields actually saying, ‘how high is your wheat, mines higher’. The wheat fields looked between 4 or 5 feet high. Sound familiar?