Bariatric Whistleblower: Fake Nails and Lap-Band

This is priceless: A doctor involved in the bariatric surgery process who speaks out against it. He/she recognizes the pointlessness of advising people to cut their fat and eat more “healthy whole grains,” then blame them for their obesity . . . then come to the rescue with flawed and revenue-generating hospital procedures.

Read this enlightening view from within the system:

I am a physician in the Western US. I have read your book and am in awe: you have really opened up a can of worms here—and I couldn’t be happier!

Among my duties as a doctor is to perform pre-operative assessments on overweight patients who want to undergo bariatric surgery, a.k.a. gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, laparoscopic band procedure, etc. All of these procedures involve surgery to promote weight loss and avoid/prevent/avert the complications of obesity, such as diabetes and heart disease, although, for many people, it is vanity-based: They can buy fake nails and color their hair and wear fancy jewelry, but they can’t hide their weight. As the volume of patients and the volume of the patients (i.e. waist circumference) being evaluated for these procedures continues to rise in our community, I find myself in an ethical dilemma: How can I, in good conscience, help these patients undergo an invasive procedure to lose weight when the same and even better outcome could be achieved by eliminating wheat?

Let me give you more details.

First there is the cost. Each patient who wants to undergo a weight-loss surgery must first have an ultrasound evaluation, a chest x-ray and an upper-GI barium examination in the radiology department. Each of these exams costs money and must be performed BEFORE a patient undergoes the procedure for preoperative planning. After the procedure, each patient undergoes another radiographic evaluation swallowing a water-soluble contrast medium to assess the surgical connections for the “normal” post-operative appearance of the anatomy and to make sure there is no gap or leakage of material out of the intestine and into the abdomen. As the word continues to spread about the “health benefits of bariatric surgery,” the number of patients lining up for these procedures has dramatically risen. The radiology department makes money by performing the imaging assessments. The anesthesia department gets paid for these elective procedures. And the bariatric surgeon? Well, let’s just say the surgeon can have his/her pick of expensive convertible vehicle off the lot!

FACT: One of the only areas making money in US medicine is weight-reduction surgery.

Whose fault is it? I used to think the patients themselves were to blame for their obesity: They ate too much, had no self-control or will-power; they ate for emotional reasons or self-destructive purposes. But, after really talking to these people, most of them have no idea why they can’t lose weight. They have “tried every kind of diet under the sun and have not been able to lose weight.” While many of the patients being evaluated are truly obese, many are just “overweight” but have been encouraged by their doctors to have surgery to help them avoid the health complications of their weight. These people see surgery as the easy and only way out of their weight-induced problems.

Weight-reduction surgery is not a “free lunch.” Many have complications with leaks that result in abscesses in the abdomen, prolonged hospitalizations, and costly medical bills. Many who have gastric banding come back for evaluation because they feel that food is getting stuck in their esophagus. No surprise here! It’s likely related to the rubber inner-tube they have wrapped around the bottom of their esophagus making them feel full!

And here’s another thing: The people who undergo these procedures do lose weight—but they do not become healthy or “thin.” They become less fat, but not a healthy weight. Their stomachs are smaller, but they are still putting unhealthy food into their tiny little stomachs and they can’t get rid of the extra pounds.

After really talking to these people, I realize that they are not solely to blame for their weight-problem. They are misinformed about what they should be eating and they are putting food into their bodies because they have been sold the premise that it is good for them.

If I were to pull these patients aside and say, “Don’t do it! Don’t spend the money and risk complications (in some cases, life-threatening) of having your stomach bypassed! Just cut wheat out of your diet!”, I would be fired.

Aside from bariatric surgery evaluations, the majority of people who undergo physician assessments for abdominal pain, joint pain, and back pain are considerably overweight. I know it because the visceral and abdominal fat can actually been SEEN on imaging studies that look inside the body!

The health problems related to obesity are so great that I almost find myself tempted to tell people they would be better off smoking than eating wheat.

Actually, I really believe that if I were to individually counsel the majority of patients that come to our facility about the health benefits of eliminating wheat from their diet, and they followed my instructions, the number of patients evaluated and the number of those suffering from obscure medical problems would be cut in half, at the very least.

Like you, Dr. Davis, I have seen the dramatic results in people’s weight-loss and health-related benefits that you have, from my own personal experience, as well as colleagues and friends who have followed the Wheat Belly recommendations. I want to scream it from the rooftops!

How can I spread this information without jeopardizing my job?

Signed,
Wheatless in Wyoming

Wow. Tell the population that they should cut their fat, cut their cholesterol, and eat more ‘healthy whole grains” . . . then sit back and watch them explode in weight. Come to the rescue with high-cost, imperfect medical procedures to help them shed at least a few of those pounds, make oodles of money for the system. Sound familiar?

How about the billions of dollars spent for diabetes drugs? The billions of dollars for “high cholesterol”? The billions of dollars on drugs for acid reflux, arthritis and joint pain, depression, ADHD, diuretics for leg swelling, and blood pressure drugs?

The entire system is corrupt. Health and healthy weight CANNOT come from a procedure to reduce stomach size. Gastric bypass, lap-band, and related procedure are the procedural perversions of the “calories in, calories out” nonsense, accentuating the notion that our gluttony and sloth got us here in the first place.

After all, if all we did was return to the foods and habits of 1960, women would weigh 116 pounds, men 150 pounds–no surgery required.

Wheatless in Wyoming is clearly a smart person–and one with a conscience, an inner beacon telling him/her when a basic wrong is being committed. The answer: Get OUT of the system. Someone else will take your place, to be sure, but at least you can tell you children and friends that what you do is the right thing . . . NOT something that exploits the latest blunder in nutritional advice.

This entry was posted in Weight loss, Weight loss surgery. Bookmark the permalink.

97 Responses to Bariatric Whistleblower: Fake Nails and Lap-Band

1. JillOz says:

Dr Davis,

in one of your latest interviews, either you or the interviewer mentions a presentation
    The Oiling of America.
    here is the link:

Please watch it!! It just makes you want to put your head in your hands. Or sue the bastards.
    Seriously, there are so many large scale scams of this sort going on – political as well as dietary – it’s a wonder anybody has any sanity or health left!!

2. madhunter says:

Interesting the way people deal with the band. I have a friend that has taken up drinking lots of hot chocolate. However when she tries to eat a salad after chopping it up it tends to get stuck and then she has to vomit it back up. This can’t be the receipt for healthy living.

3. wrotek says:

Effect of hydration, in individual case, on triglycerides(698 dropped to 216 ), fasting glucose (280-dropped to130), cholesterol (235 dropped 156), (LDL136 dropped to 69), and other factors and diabetes in general.
    Why does hydration work so well ?
    This is part two of the whole interview, where a patient describes his case starting from minute 1

enjoy
    So, not only carbohydrate consumption is a factor
    More data in watercure2.org

• Rong says:

I hate to rain on the parade but those numbers are far from where they should be. Moving in the right direction? Perhaps, but saying that some of those numbers are normal depends on the “normal” you want. Fasting glucose 130, LDL 69 and HDL 44? I don’t think so. Knock of 40 points on the first and reverse the last two and then you will have something.

• wrotek says:

I am not diabetic so i dont know these tests, but if U say so.. But still numbers got better did not they ?

• Rong says:

As I said, they are moving in the right direction. However, the word normal and acceptable were used in the recording. They are wrong. 130 is much to high for fasting glucose, etc.

• Suzie_B says:

wrotek,
          Isn’t the cutoff for diabetes a fasting blood sugar of 125 as defined by the generous rules of conventional doctors? Are you sure you don’t have diabetes?

• Peter says:

The bigger problem than LDL/HDL is whether the LDL is oxidized! Oxidation is a by-product of oxygen being taken in which then produces oxidized cholesterol, however if you take nutritional supplements with very powerful antioxidants, you cause the cholesterol to be as thin as water, rather than thick like molasses. Oxidized cholesterol (like molasses) is the biggest cause of heart disease. Of the people that die from heart disease, over half of them have perfect cholesterol as measured solely by the LDL/HDL levels!

4. Lisa says:

I’d just like to comment in repeating something I just read on James H. Kunstler’s blog –

“Reality is harder to stamp out than truth, which can be shouted down, papered over, fudged, outlawed, etch-a-sketched, exiled and reviled. Reality is everywhere.”

We who don’t eat wheat and/or other grains anymore know the reality of that experience. Certain people can stamp out the truth – but we always have the reality.

5. I just ordered the book today but have a question. Are rice and oats included in this problem as well?

Rice and oats are problems for different reasons than that of wheat.

Rice, for instances, lacks the opiate effect that stimulates appetite. It “only” sends blood sugar and small LDL particles–the most common cause for heart attack–WAY up.

6. Linda says:

Our Dr D on the opening page of CBS.com today!!!!

Awesome!

• JIllOz says:

Dr Davis, I just watched this.
      You have explained the problem as neatly and concisely as one could wish for.
      I have sent i to a friend because you’ve covered the gliadin aspect of it much better than I’ve been able to.

I just really really wish the emphasis of talk on this wheat problem was on all wheat bread products like loaves, rolls, pretzels, baguettes, pastries, muffins etc – not just bagels.:(

Incidentally, have you ever read The End of Overeating by David Kessler? I read it a couple of years ago, recently revisited it in light of what I learned in Wheat Belly and discovered something interesting but would like to know first whether you have read it.

I have not read it, Jill, but have been meaning to.

• JIllOz says:

Well, when you do, you’ll find an interesting and probably unconscious omission.
          The basic premise is that the food industry puts so manyt layers of fat, sugar, and salt in fast and manufactured foods that it becomes addictive and people eat more and becme obese, etc.

However, when I went back to it I noticed that while Kessler talks about breading and batter on deep fried foods and their usefulness as a delivery system for fat, sugar and salt, because FatSaltSugar attaches so easily to breading, he actually IGNORES the actual factor of breading/batter as a part of the diet itself with its own properties.

He does not take into account that this addition in so many foods is actually an addictive and inflammatory factor!!
          It’s absolutely fascinating to see how he consistently leaps over this
          dietary element while considering the others.

Even though he wobbles on this, the book is worth reading for the amazing insight into the food industry, their thinking and their formulation of “food products”.

7. Bo says:

O.T
    My problem is drinking beer, a lot of it, is it possible that beer made from barley also has those polypeptides that binds to opiatereceptores in the brain, i dont enyoy hard liqur, I feel something is missing when i drink vodka, whiskey, only beer gives the “high” for me. have you stubled apon similar cases in your practice?
    Am I possibly a beer addict in the same way as wheat dito?
    I say “am” not “was” because I know from experience that if I start drinking beer again i’ll fall of the wagon.
    Misa barleyoholic?

Yes, I think that wheat-based beer is addictive for more than its alcohol content. I believe that the gliadin protein that converts to smaller opiate polypeptides like adds to the addiction.

There are non-wheat beers. I had a Bud Light tonite without effect. There are also several gluten-free beers, such as Greens, Bards, and Redbridge, though higher in carbohydrates.

8. Mike says:

A BIT OF ADVICE FOR DR. DAVIS: When you go on TV you are given a very short time. It is not efficient for you to attempt to get your entire message out. You should concentrate on one aspect of your program and then urge viewers to buy your book to get details. Specifically, I would suggest you talk about the many thousands of patients who have lost tons of weight and improved their health in other ways by simply giving up wheat. Tell the viewers how your book will explain everything.

Yup, I agree, Mike.

I am guilty of trying to tell as much of the story as possible in such a short time. There is so much to tell, so little tine to do it!

• JIllOz says:

I understand the principle here Dr. Davis, but if you concentrate only on the weight issue, you’ll be dismissed as just another weightloss pusher for stupid women, because you know, women who are half starved with stupid dietary advice – well, it’s all their fault and what do women know anyway?

You should streamline your message, yes, but by emphasising the CHANGE in wheat, and therefore in the gliadin protein and that the fat it causes is inflammatory fat, not real “weight” fat.
        People don’t like Frankenfoods, and for me the fact that this food is actually a drug is a powerful argument for givinWheat free a go.

Ideally, of course, you’ll be on so many shows that the main principles will cohere into a short and easy summary.

• JIllOz says:

I’m not disagreeing with Mike by the way, that is good advice.

But the interviewers on shows will also ask you questions eliciting other information. They’re in charge, you know !! ;)

BTW, if they ever ask, well what about all the wheat farmers and the associated businesses, you can begin to point out that as other grasses have industrial appplications, so let it be with wheat.

• lupo says:

Dr. Davis, indeed you should concentrate on something catchy, i.e. “modern wheat is a genetically modified organism who has a serious and deadly negative impact for every single person’s health”.

Obesity is just a marker of metabolic disease; and not even a good one, 30% of T2D have normal weight while 40% of overweight people do not have T2D or pre-T2D.

• Claudia says:

Dr. Davis is doing great – the message IS getting out – personally, I think the most people that will buy the book will be people wanting to lose weight (whether they need to or not) – but even people who haven’t read the book are asking questions and talking to me about the frankengrain and the negative health consequences eating wheat has on the body – they don’t necessarily want to make any changes to their diet cause they are happy to go on the way they have been – but they are thinking/talking about it – which is great – change takes time and is a process (sometimes a long one) – just getting people to think that they don’t need to eat every couple of hours for blood sugar, that oats are not a great way to start the day, that eating fats (certain ones) is good for you, that you don’t need to eat grains for fiber, all of which flys in the face of current diet advice provided by doctors, dieticians, the Diabetes Association, etc. is HUGE and a remarkable thing – and I know this information has been available for some time, but Dr. Davis’ book has made it uber available to those of us who just wanted to “lose some weight” – cheers

9. kianna1999 says:

My comment is more of an observation, I live in Alhambra, California where the predominant race are Asians (Chinese, Vietnamese, etc) and you may not know this ut here are a whole lot of places here that sell French bread particularly a specialty Vietnamse sandwich called Banh mix, yet 80% of the population are thin sometimes too thin, I have lots of friends that eat this stuff three times a day and they are still too thin, my friends were all born and raised here in the us so I am rather confused and yes they do eat a lot of wheat based and rice noodles and drink vietnamses coffee all the time , if you are not familiar with Vietnamse coffee is is made with condensed milk….btw I am Asian American myself I hardly eat what they eat and yet I’m considered too heavy…I’m 5’2, 119 lbs…

• JIllOz says:

Perhaps it’s a genetics thing…????
      Or their inflammation might be registered elsewhere other than their physical appearance…

BTW, Vietnamese coffees are so cool (I seldom have it but it’s liike having an ice cream!)
      Spanish coffee is made a similar way, or at least there is a variation in a Spanish coffeehouse I know that calls it Spanish coffee.

• lupo says:

That’s a tough one. First of all, another culture implicates hundreds of differing variables. Then there’s genetics. Then there are eating habits. So it won’t be that easy to figure out what’s going on in your community. If your up to a journey for a couple of years of science, go find it out yourself, otherwise … well, be happy you’re thin. But beware, thin does not equal healthy, just as overweight does not equal sick. You may still acquire a host of carbohydrate and grain related diseases, including hypertension, vascular disease, heart disease or dementia.

10. steve Helmer says:

Doc:
    How long should it take to be completely change, so that all the cells are replaced by the correct food,

Many months, years or is it individualized.?

Doc, i’am still getting alot of my old aliments in reverse, or i supect thats it. Doc i have been wheat free for about 3 1/2 months, Low energy in cycles, and achs and pains come and go. Although Doc, when i walk up 13 stairs with forty lbs of weight, i notice my heart rate goes way up, but it comes down within a minute or two.
    Should i be concerned, about this any suggestions, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

If I understand your question: How much time is required to turn over all cells in the body?

This is hardly my area of expertise, but I believe it requires several months.

RE: Heart rate. Any chance you are not hydrating properly?

• steve says:

Doc:
        How much should one drink as in water i’ve heard 8 glasses, a day is this correct, but i never keep track of the amount of water i drink, should i be concerned about this?
        Steve

• Totally frustrated says:

I heard from a nurse that it takes 180 days/6 months to get out of your system. Is that true?
        I have been faithfully following this diet since July. From July to the end of December I have lost a substantial amount of weight but I am far from reaching my goal. It is now April 22nd and I haven’t lost anything since December. I am beyond frustrated at this point. Why am I not losing anymore? I am still doing the same things as before. Please help!!!

11. Fake Nails says:

Thanks…….!!!!!! For sharing lovely post

12. Mrs. JCD says:

Dr. D.
    I am feeling wonderful since being grain free, but before starting the grain-free lifestyle, I started taking Swanson Green Food Formula – Green Max capsules; they contain all sorts of phytonutrients, but suddenly I double-read the ingredient list and they contain wheat grass, barley bran, brown rice, soy sprout…..among other listed items. I know these items are on the ‘never’ list. What are your thoughts on any type of phytonutrient supplements? Do we ingest all that we need without using supplements, or should we take a basic multivitamin/supplement? Keep uo the wonderful work of coverting one at a time!!!!! Every life that has been improved by following your recommendations is one more to help spread the word!!
    Bon Appetit!

Taking a green supplement in today’s nutrient-depleted world is not at all a bad idea, Mrs. JCD.

You can find such preparations that are wheat-free and absent unhealthy ingredients.

13. Fake Nails says:

Amazing post…!!! really I appreciate it.

14. Bettye says:

I don’t know one person who has had the lap band surgery that is doing well. They are sick from other organs and it is a total disruption to the normal order of things. In addition, they cheat and grow a big stomach again. What is the use? Many have lost their lives or are on the brink of doing so. To me, it is like throwing a person in prison for doing drugs without rehabilitation. There cannot be hope. Eating one small bite of anything cannot be living nor can be nutritious for the body’s needs.

I agree, Bettye.

I have seen it end badly too many times. Thankfully, I have never advised someone to go through such procedures.

15. Amber H says:

My sister had bariatric surgery to lose weight and correct diabetes a couple of years ago. Long story short, it did correct the diabetes, but she still hasn’t lost all of the weight, and she looks older than her years. I, on the other hand, being 5’3 and a high of 330 pounds at one point, changed the way I ate and have lost 110 pounds to date. I had no health issues, but I was disabled due to an injury. I was in a wheelchair for distances and heavily on a crutch for anything else and I was unable to drive. Today, I can walk (with a limp) anywhere I care to go, no crutch needed, I did away with the wheelchair and I drive myself all over the place :) I still have some weight to lose, but I feel awesome, I look like a “normal” person and I look younger than I am. I changed my mind, which then changed my body. Surgery changes the body, but does nothing for the mind. That, to me, is backwards. I wish my sister could understand.

That’s great, Amber!

I’ve seen the same thing in people who’ve undergone these procedures. They are not physiologic, they are not natural, and the effects are often not what they expect.

Wheat elimination, on the other hand, is the most evolutionarily correct lesson we can adopt!

16. Uniqdrgnfly says:

I agree wholeheartedly with your reply to Wheatless in Wyoming…wish there were more honest physicians! It appears he is one of the few that desires to follow his heart rather than his pocket book and hope he did so.

There are exceptions and this depends upon the individual…one must realize that weight loss surgery is not a cure all…it is only a tool. A very “readers digest” version of the path that has led me to where I am today…

For many years, I too tried everything to lose weight, with little or no results. Not one doctor I ever have been to suggested anything other than “calories in/calories out & exercise” and proceeded to keep me on high blood pressure meds, antidepressants, fluid pills, anti-anxiety meds, and learn how to live with arthritis. I also was found to have a Vit D3 deficiency.

There are no words to describe how the extra weight took its toll on my body, mind, and spirit, not to mention the frustration of unanswered questions regarding my obesity and why nothing would work for me.

I just turned 60 and almost a year ago, I was knocking on the door of 300 lbs. I made the decision to have the gastric sleeve surgery because I did not want a foreign object in my body with the chance of something growing to it or having to deal with the side effects. Because I had no insurance coverage, after much research, I went to Mexico to have the surgery, which was a very positive experience.

Today, I have lost almost 70 lbs and no longer take any medications and very rarely see a physician other than my yearly physical. A few months ago, my blood test were all normal, along with my blood pressure.

But, I still deal with the joint pain and have headaches. This past Monday, I stumbled upon the Dr. Oz show and watched the episode about wheat. I will tell you that because of so many “fads” in the past, I was a little skeptical, but kept an open mind, bought the book and began my research.

Hearing Dr. Davis talk about how wheat affected the brain caught my attention in a big way. I sustained a closed head injury several years ago, although I am not a medical professional, I have researched the brain very much over time. I was sold and spent the rest of the day cleaning out my cabinets and frig, the next day several hours at the grocery store reading labels.

My husband is type 2 diabetic and as of Tuesday, we are both wheat/gluten free, our cravings are almost completely gone (mine was on an every 2 hour schedule almost…yes, I was grazing). I now understand and it is no coincidence that this information has come into our lives at this time.

We are keeping a close watch on my husbands BS so as to notify his physician when the numbers change and hopefully eventually become med free also.(He is not obese, but wants to lose a few pounds)

I have experienced some withdrawals the past few days but I figure it is better to stop cold turkey rather than hurt. You get so tire of the pain! I actually thought I would miss bread due to it being my best friend for so many years here in the south, but..I don’t even think about it or crave it. As a matter of fact, I don’t have actual cravings at all now.

It is because of people like Dr. Davis which gives us hope that not all things are “just in our minds” and we are told to “get over it”.

Thank you Dr. Davis for speaking out. It is a long row to hoe, but one that is so badly needed. Your voice will be heard in more than one way. We are very grateful for your truth and your courage!

17. WereBear says:

Actually, I use green bell peppers as my sandwich “bread.” It’s awesome with Italian!

There is always a real food substitute that can stand in for what we have eliminated. If it is not some form of vegetable, it’s eggs, or even the famous Atkins Revolution Rolls.

And we get more nutrients that way.

18. Liz says:

Dear Dr. Davis, I read your book and found it smart and compelling! I’ve been completely gluten-free for 2 weeks. I feel great, mostly because my intense cravings for something sweet followed by something salty, and on and on, have completely disappeared. I also feel full after my meals, and don’t need to snack constantly in between, just as your book said would happen. For that alone I am grateful, Dr. Davis! But I haven’t lost any weight to speak of. Well, after a week and a half I had lost 2 lbs, which was amazing, but then today, my two week mark, I was up again, only .4 from where I started. I have about 20 lbs. to lose, but I’d be pretty happy with 10. Last year I had my thyroid tested (because I was frustrated with not being able to lose any weight, even with severely restricting my calories) and my doctor said everything was normal. And I actually believe it is. I’m active; I have been working out almost every day for 30 years; I’m not tired; I get plenty of sleep – and I haven’t been sick in any way for years. I’m lucky!

So, I have two questions for you: can it be that my body has found its “set point,” and that it’s happy at this weight no matter what I eat? (I should mention that I’m 55, and I’ve been trying to lose this weight (from the baby! haha, for years). Or do you think that if I stick with this, it will eventually come off; it might just take some more time? I’m willing to stick with this forever, actually, because it makes sense to me and does NOT feel like I’m depriving myself, which is a horrible feeling.

Secondly, I record what I eat everyday on myfitnesspal.com. They set what they think the limits of carbs, fat, calories, etc. should be each day, which I realize is going to be different with your plan. I’m finding that I’m eating slightly over their recommended calorie amount (I told the app that I wanted to lose a pound a week, and so it’s suggesting that I not go over 1200 calories/day). I see that I’m eating 1300-1400 with your plan. That’s fine, but what really is different is the fat grams. Instead of restricting myself to their recommended 40 grams/day, I’m eating twice that! Between the oil and the almonds, peanut butter, cheese, a little dark chocolate. . . . it adds up. I will say that I’m able to keep the carbs to around 80/day.

Do you have guidelines for fat grams? In your book you seem quite happy with people eating fat. But could it be contributing to the weight not “falling off” as others seem to enjoy?

I would appreciate any thoughts you have in this regard. Thank you!

Thank you, Liz!

A couple of thoughts:

1) Rarely does someone need to limit fats. In fact, your fat intake sounds a bit LOW!

2) Too many carbs per day at 80 grams, if weight loss is your goal. Try more like 15 grams “net” (total minus fiber) per meal or 4-6 hour digestive “window.”

3) It wouldn’t hurt to post your thyroid values. You’d be surprised how many people who have been told that their thyroid status was “fine” actually have thyroid impairment sufficient to block weight loss.

19. Joanelle says:

We can cut back, hunt for einkorn, as I did, but the real solution is to have humans eating real wheat when wanted as we did as children. I remember ‘fat’ people when I was growing up but can’t for the life of me, remember anyone as obese as we see today on a daily basis. Dr. Davis has the answer, and all these docs who are promoting diets and the industry producing useless “wheat” are getting rich on a dying population’s pain.
    Instead of changing the unchangeable we should augment the whistle that Dr. Davis has blown until we have a population so angered by the fraud and fake wheat products that have been foisted on us that the pressure to bring back einkorn wheat cannot be ignored.

20. Suzzi says:

I had lap band. Lost 30-50 lbs …yoyo…over the last 3 years. I have over 100 to lose. I follow the rules, but the only thing that works is a low carb approach… I started reading your book yesterday… and I’m loving it! I’m excited to start my wheat free journey.

Thanks!