Wheat Belly on Live! With Kelly

It looks like Wheat Belly will be the topic of Monday, July 30th’s episode of Live! With Kelly.

I will be taking a day off from the day job and I’ll be on the show talking about the Wheat Belly approach to diet and health, as well as comparing wheat-based versus wheat-free dishes that will be featured.

Among the dishes we will discuss, I’ve suggested including the famous Wheat Belly Chocolate Chip Cookies compared to conventional chocolate chip cookies.

Surely life is good without wheat!

This entry was posted in Wheat Belly presentations, Wheat Belly--The Book. Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to Wheat Belly on Live! With Kelly

1. Jeanne says:

Great News! Congrats Dr. Davis! I will be watching. Wear your Teflon clothing please!

On another note: my inbox today had an article from Medscape for nurses edition on another new drug…

Omega-3 PUFA for Hypertriglyceridemia. WHAT?? I did a serious double take, got my glasses, and read it again.. Why does that just seem wrong, Omega-3 and PUFA in the same sentence, never mind the same capsule! Reading on I see it’s a component of the overpriced and much touted Lovaza. Just…WHY??
    For heavens sake, just eat some salmon already, eh?

I try to stay away from PUFA’s as much as possible. Big Pharma will just never get it will they?

We want to hear all about your experience on the show! Ok?

Unfortunately, Jeanne, this “drug” is making a lot of money for AstraZeneca.

You can buy high-quality fish oil, at least as good if not better than Lovaza, at the health food store.

Lovaza is a joke. I poke fun at it every chance I get!

• Sue Dwyer says:

The FDA announced the approval of Belviq and Qsymia today, weight loss medications. Do you know anything about them?

2. Stephanie KL says:

Good luck Dr. Davis. Unfortunately I’m unable to access the channel on which the show is aired but my thoughts will be with you.

I will post the link here and the Wheat Belly Facebook page when available for anyone who misses the broadcast.

If I were not on the show, I would miss it too, given its daytime airing!

3. Roger says:

The more exposure, the less pain and misery–and more lives saved!

It does not cost anything to give Wheat Free a try, but it may cost, beyond human and bodily endurance, not to! All are harmed, it is a matter of cumulative toxcicity–how much the body and mind can take, before physical/mental collapse–or death.

I pray to God, Dr. Davis, you never go off message, as I know you have seen people in a worse state of health, than I was.

Roger, OHIO

Thanks, Roger!

Yes, giving this a try is essentially without cost. No four-enemas-a-day, no special supplement program, no extreme exercise routine.

Just no wheat.

4. JEY says:

Congratulations Dr. Davis!
    First Bill O’Reilly and now Kelly. Have never watched the show before, but will on Monday.
    Btw, I noticed that Amazon moved you from the Nutrition Best Seller list (you were hogging #1 for far too long) to Diet & Weight Loss..where you still hold #1 & 2. But even more stunning, this morning Wheat Belly is #7 for ALL books sold…right behind multiple copies of Fifty Shades of Gray!

Hey, Jey!

Thanks for noticing!

Yeah, sex sells better than nutrition. Go figure!

Maybe Wheat Belly: Under the Sheets should be next.

• marsha says:

Ok, here is an update on me. First day wheat free was July 19. Yesterday I looked different enough that I stepped on the scales. 8 lbs down in 9days. And that’s not the best part. The best part is how fantastic I feel. I am keeping a daily diary of “lost” symptoms.
        I respond here because I dove in to the city yesterday and a friend had asked me to pick up the book for her. Barnes and Nobles had sold out, Books a Million had 4 left. Your work is a gift I can’t repay. Thank you seems trite!

• Susan Moles says:

Well, you know, Dr. Davis, giving up wheat certainly hasn’t hurt mine and my husband’s sex life. :)

Hmmmm. I’ve been hearing that more and more, Susan.

Higher testosterone, lower estrogen in the guys? A progesterone effect in the girls? Don’t know, but it is a fascinating phenomenon!

5. Lynda (FL) says:

I’ll watch this one, even though she makes me crazy otherwise. You go, Dr. Davis.

6. Jim says:

It’s about time. Thank you ,Kelly, for standing up for our cause!!

7. Ken Lydecker says:

Hi Dr Davis,
    My wife and I own the Riverside Inn B&B in Intervale NH, the Inn is currently wheat free, soon to be Gluten Free…all the food, all the time…we’re planning to strip the kitchen, scrub clean the counters, cabinets, ovens, replace the pots and pans, and plastic utensils, waffle irons, etc. We bake our own breads and English Muffins and are trying out new recipes for our change-over on August 15th. Our goal is to make our B&B a destination for anyone who is sensitive to wheat or gluten, but do it in a way that those that don’t care, won’t be able to tell. We’ll keep you up too date with our progress.
    Ken* and Chris Lydecker
    *WF 28 days, -23lbs…thanks for writing your book…

8. Sharon says:

Congratulations, Dr. Davis! I am thrilled that you will be on t.v. I don’t see your name on the line-up so I am hoping you will still be on tomorrow. I have emailed and told everyone I know to watch you. Much success!

Thanks, Sharon. Well, I’m here in New York, staying about 2 blocks away from the studio!

The piece will only be a few minutes, but that’s how things are done on TV. I’ll be comparing wheat-based with non-wheat-based foods.

9. Sharon says:

Just saw you on Live with Kelly. I only wish you had been given a longer segment. Well, at least there was some public exposure and hopefully this will pique the interest of some of the viewers. EVERYONE needs to know about your amazing book and this new way of healthy eating. You have been a blessing to me, my family and everyone I know. Thank you again for caring so much.

10. Jeff says:

I was disappointed to see they didn’t allow more time for you. But, I guess it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick…..

11. JEY says:

Great job, Dr. Davis. You knew you had time for only a few short sound bites, and you stayed on message, stayed focussed on the important points, and brought some appealing recipes to share. Ending with Kelly saying “Get the book…it will change your life” was high praise from someone who started at first saying she could never remove wheat from her diet. It’s the type of short exposure with just enough “hooks” that people should want to know more…visit your blog and buy the book. Perfect for the time allowed for this type of audience.

• lara murphy says:

I completely agree. Well done, Dr. Davis!

Thanks, JEY.

I’m not a daytime TV sort of guy: I prefer talking at length about the science, the justification for this “outrageous” message. But it sure helps advance the cause to be featured on a mainstream venue like Kelly Ripa’s show.

It sure was fun, after all!

12. Neicee says:

I’m bummed – my local station that normally carries Kelly cut away for the Olympics! I’m hoping Dr. Davis can get a copy up for YouTube or a link here.

I keep giving away copies of Wheat Belly, just got in my 3rd copy from Amazon. I read it but needed to go back now and then to clarify or reread certain portions. There is always someone within my own family that need it worse than me, and once they ‘finally’ do comment on how I’m looking these days I get all weepy and hand it over. :)

13. Karen Robel says:

Great job! Are the recipes you shared in the book? I recognize some but not all. Where can I find them? I don’t see them on the Live with Kelly site.

Some of the recipes, Karen, are on the Wheat Belly Blog, such as the Rosemary Focaccia bread and pizza crust, while others will be part of the upcoming Wheat Belly Cookbook (scheduled release Dec, 2012).

14. Mark says:

Great job, Doc! It is tough to fit your message into that format, but you did well. I am glad she tried the focaccia bread. That is an awesome recipe. We have used it as the replacement for the yeast bread in our family’s favorite dish called Bread Lasagna. We now call it Wheat-Free “Bread” Lasagna. We appreciate your work!

• Sharon says:

Mark, I would love that recipe. Could you post it here?

That’s interesting, Mark”: “Bread Lasagna”?

Can you tell us more?

• Mark says:

I would like to send it to you so you can give it a look-over before posting it. I think it is Wheat Belly-friendly, but would like to make sure. I don’t want to steer anyone wrong.

I think you have my email address on this forum, so please drop me a note so I can send it to you.

15. Jeanne says:

Great Job, Dr. D!

I agree with all here- you needed a longer segment! You did super with what time you had though,

Thanks, Jeanne!

Yes, a couple of more minutes to elaborate on the message would have been nice. But I do believe that more people have been sparked to start thinking about this important issue.

We are building this wall one brick at a time.

16. Nancy B says:

Great to see you live on TV, Dr. Davis! Now other talk shows will probably pick up on what people are talking about, have you on, and you’ll get the time to explain about the health improvements so many of us are talking about!
    Nancy

Thanks for noticing, Nancy!

Having been on several national broadcasts, Live! With Kelly marks an entry into the mainstream that so many MILLIONS need to hear about.

Just go to any mall or grocery store, and you will personally witness several hundred people who need to hear this message.

17. Helen Davidson says:

Dr. Davis
    Texted my friends that you were going to be on Live with Kelly, was disappointed that it was on for such a short time. My cousin, who is a patient”of yours introduced me to your book on May 3rd, I put the book on my Kindle and read it and have not ate wheat since May 3rd. I have lost 15 #s, Feel great, no running to the BR, my blood sugars have come down, so have my trygicerides. I told my Dr. that it takes longer to eat a sandwich with a knife and fork then when I would eat one on bread. The benefits have shown me it works. Enjoy your blog keep up the good work, I had a stent put in my heart 7 years ago and hope never have to go through that again. I am 69 years old and fell I am taking charge of my life

Ah, yes, Helen: It is ALL about taking back control over diet and health . . . after DECADES of unwittingly relinquishing control and allowing various agencies to make us relentlessly hungry, overweight, and diabetic.

It was indeed short, but sweet. While brief, I had a wonderful time with a very gracious and hardworking staff (did you notice how they switched over the sets?), and am deeply grateful that they are helping me propagate this critically important message.

18. kelly says:

Great segment Dr. Davis. I was so impresed when KR supported your work at the end. And the look on her face when she tasted your f.bread-priceless.
    K is W.F.F.