Want to be featured in First for Women magazine?

First for Women magazine is looking for a Wheat Belly success story!

First magazine editors are looking for women who have experienced success in both weight loss and other aspects of health by following Wheat Belly concepts, and have BEFORE and AFTER photos they are willing to share.

The photos do not have to be professional or perfect; just casual shots at home, in your backyard, holding your grandchildren, etc. that show off your results.

If interested, post a comment here! No need to go into detail about your story. The reporter/author prefers to interview by phone.

This entry was posted in Wheat-elimination success stories. Bookmark the permalink.

81 Responses to Want to be featured in First for Women magazine?

1. Anne says:

I have before and current pictures on my blog, but they don’t have my face in them! I’ve lost 32 pounds since Jan 1 because of reading Wheat Belly on New Year’s Day.

I’m trying to find a picture from a New Year’s Eve party I went to so I can have a casual shot. I wasn’t into getting my picture taken back then, so it’s actually hard to find one!

Here’s a link to my blog with the most recent pictures (although I’ve lost another 5 lbs since then).

Anne

There you are, Anne! Paris and New York? Pretty neat!

I will email you with details.

2. Terry Harborne says:

I’m 53. January 9, 2012 weight was 207 lbs. I’m 5’6″.
    Today June 18, 2012 weight is 197 lbs.
    Weight loss is slow as i’m post menopause. I’ve tried for two years to seriously loose but just slowly kept going up.

I stumbled across a link (article) to this book thinking it is years old I went to the store to see if I could get it…. oh it is a new release. I had the worst bloating, gas, had to use the washroom 4 – 5 times a day NOT to pee. IBS I was told that I had. OK, I stopped eating WHEAT. WOW! in 3 days, I started to feel such a night and day effect. No bloating, no gas, hmmm no aches and pains, my sinus opened up?? ok I’m feeling good….

I’m still trying to keep loosing the weight and slow but sure is going to win this race! Slowly it is coming down. BUT most importantly my Bloated Belly un-bloated! I look thinner than I weigh. My jeans are falling down and I keep hikeing them up. Yesterday I put my jeans into the good will bag. I still consume carbs and eat very regular… I’ve always ate healthy, but I see a huge difference now without the wheat.

YES I have a photo taken on Dec 25 haha i’m UGLY FAT. haha I look horrible… Now I can say I look not so badly. THANKYOU WHEAT BELLY is all I can say.

Keep up the momentum, Terry!

You will be rewarded with both a dress size many times smaller as well as better all around health, including unbloating!

• Carol says:

I am so very happy for the people who are losing weight. I have gone full throttle with the Wheat Belly Diet for the past 6 weeks and have steadily gained one pound per week. I have been on Weight Watchers for 12 years and yes, I have kept a food journal & logged my Points all those years. I have since tossed my food journal. I’m starting to get a little worried and fearful that I will gain all of my weight back. I love the freedom that the Wheat Belly Diet provides but I am thinking that perhaps this is not for me. It’s almost impossible for me to count points on this diet. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? Thank you.

Hi, Carol–

It is therefore likely that something is obstructing your path to weight loss.

Always think thyroid first, specifically your free T3 status. The best place to start is therefore a thyroid assessment that includes TSH, free T3, and free T4. Also, consider a reverse T3. However, this requires the assistance of someone informed in properly managing thyroid, which excludes most primary care docs and endocrinologists. Consider a functional medicine practitioner.

Also, especially if constipation is present, consider a probiotic. Some people struggle in their conversion from the distorted bowel flora of wheat consumption to more normal bowel flora. A high-potency, e.g., 50 billion CFU per capsule, probiotic might be helpful for several weeks.

3. Stephanie Smith says:

I would love to participate!

4. Mazarine says:

Thanks for Asking Dr Davis!

My dad is a doctor and I sent him and my mom the wheatbelly book. When I came back home he said he tells patients in his office about your book now, and he made me a cauliflower pizza from your recipes! Thank you for improving so many people’s lives!

Here are my pictures! I’d love to be featured.

Mazarine

Great with your Dad, Mazarine! This is precisely how word spreads.

While you look absolutely great in your “after” photos, do you have any that more clearly show off your changes?

5. Kristen Rdman says:

Hi! Dr. Davis, I read Wheat Belly and started last July. I still have a ways to go but I have currently lost around 40 lbs. I am 29 years old and had tried everything under the sun. I had also recently gotten some bloodwork done and it had come back that I had a high LDL level. Wheat belly has changed my life and I would love to share!

• Kristen Rdman says:

I mean started in January. Not very talented at typing on the IPad.

Are you willing to share “before” and “after” photos for the magazine, Kristen!

They are looking for photos specifically.

6. Dee says:

Hi , I am now on day 10 wheat free and down about 4 pounds. I am feeling fabulous and am really loving this journey that I kind of just “fell” into as I had heard a little bit about your book a few months ago but thought it might be a fad. While at Costco 10 days ago, one of the cashier’s was talking about this “life style” ( he called it) and had lost 40 pounds!! ….and that is how I decided to buy the book and am not looking back. I read the book in 1 day and it made so much sense to me. I have been on many different diets over the years and as I approached 50 ( I am 51 now) was finding it really hard to loose weight and then find the motivation. I am so surprised at the ease of this way of eating and how satisfied I feel. My cravings seemed to have stopped. In the past when I was on a diet and eating healthy, my will power would only last so long and the second I cheated, I would then crave all the wrong stuff and the cycle would continue. This wheat in our food is the culprit isnt it. I had no idea!! Yo yo…up and down….crazy.
    Thank you so much for your book.
    Dee

Great start, Dee! And learned while in the checkout at Costco?

Please keep us updated on your progress.

7. Lisa Bigness says:

interested in this. Have lost 40-45 pounds since october following wheat belly principals. Some pics on my blog, but have many more throughout the transformation

Hi, Lisa–

Sorry, but the writer says she already has all the stories and photos she needs.

However, I’d love to hear more about your experience. Please feel free to post your story here! If you are comfortable sharing your pictures here, let me know and I will email you so that you can attach your photos to the email.

• lisa says:

Hi Dr. Davis,
        Sorry for such a delay in my reply, I’m horrible at minding where I’ve commented :) I would love to share my story – It’s a little long as written – hope you don’t mind! I will look to post it under the success stories. Thanks!
        ~Lisa

8. Kate says:

I know before and after photos sell magazines, but it’s the changes that you can’t see that have made the most difference in my experience. I had such a bad brain fog for years that I just started telling everyone I didn’t have a good memory, I wrote myself notes at work so that I wouldn’t forget to do important tasks, and I was just about to make an appointment to see a neurologist. Then I read about Wheat Belly, cut out all wheat, and after three days I started to feel mentally sharper than I have in years. I also seem to have less inflammation in general. These things do not appear in photographs, but mean more to me than the weight loss that also went along with giving up wheat.

Excellent, Kate!

Exactly right. Darn shame we can’t show photos of before and after for brain fog!

9. Clara says:

On June 22 2012, I completed three years of being wheat/gluten free. After 30+ years of following and failing at every “diet of the decade” I lost nearly 70 pounds without denying myself anything I loved. Although I am able to have GF versions of many favorite foods, as time progressed I found I had less interest in eating those foods. I took foods I COULD eat to pot lucks and family dinners and checked restaurant menus online or called ahead to learn my choices. It is easier than any program I ever tried and my success makes me want to continue even when I’m tempted to stop. I recommend giving this program a try to anyone who wants to feel better and/or lose weight.

Excellent, Clara!

70 pounds is quite a feat. It is readily and easily possible, as you have learned, because you have eliminated the appetite stimulating effects of gliadin, the opiate in wheat that is used to advantage by Big Food.

10. Jennifer says:

So I read the article and it was GREAT! BUT, I was a bit disappointed to see that there were lies in it. I lost 150 pounds with my doctor’s help, THEN I found wheat belly. I was already doing everything that was in the book. When I added wheat back in, I got really sick. I was actually contacted about this article, but they went with someone else instead of me. After I read the lies that were written, (giving Wheat Belly credit for weight loss when the person hadn’t even heard of the book before), I was glad that they decided not to use me! I agree 100% with the ideas expressed in the book Wheat Belly. I follow the book now, because I have seen the difference in how I feel when I eat when and when I don’t eat wheat. This is why it makes me so angry that the article had so many lies in it!

Unfortunately, Jennifer, I cannot control everything that is written about the book or program.

You can see from the many stories here and elsewhere that the effect is substantial, regardless of whether a writer took liberties with the stories.

11. Tanya says:

Is this the article that is in this weeks copy of First for Women? Or was this a previous article?

There is a great article about Wheat Belly this week. I don’t usually buy these types of magazines but I read somewhere on here a few days ago that there would be a feature in it so I made a point of picking one up grocery shopping yesterday. Many great grain free recipes are included!

So glad this is getting featured in popular smaller magazines, it will reach a wider audience, as this mag is only $2.99!

The basenote here is apparently not about the FfW 2013-01-14 issue with the recipes. There are no WB before/after photos in that issue.

That said, I’m not sure what became of the initiative in the basenote. I can’t quickly find any announcement in the blog. It may be in a future edition. Perhaps Dr. Davis can shed some light.

When everyone is thin and healthy, these check-out queue publications are going to have to find something else to obsess about besides weight and health (and find a whole new suite of advertisers). I wonder if they realize …