Tritisync: A cure for what ails you

There’s a new drug, actually a new combination of drugs, called Juvisync on the market. (Yeah, what genius thought that name up?)

Juvisync is a combination of the diabetes drug, sitagliptin (Januvia), and the cholesterol-reducing statin drug, simvastatin. Because so many people “require” this combination of drug effects for the incredibly common high LDL cholesterol and diabetes, the wonderful people at Merck released this new 2-drugs-in-1 combination.

So it made me think that, gee, why not go a couple of steps better than Juvisync? How about a new combination drug called Tritisync that combines all the drug agents that correct the most common phenomena associated with consumption of modern high-yield semi-dwarf Triticum aestivum bread wheat? It would include:

–A statin drug–Atorvastatin (Lipitor) or simvastatin (Zocor) to reduce the high (calculated) LDL value and triglycerides that come from wheat consumption
–A diabetes drug–While it could be sitagliptin, it could also be one or more of metformin, glipizide, glyburide, or glimepiride, or acarbose. Because wheat raises blood sugar so predictably, higher than sugar and candy, then a blood sugar-reducing agent(s) is a must.
–A blood pressure drug–Since wheat leads to hypertension so universally, why not an ACE inhibitor like lisinopril or an ARB like losartan? Even better, because wheat consumption leads to an abnormal high-adrenaline state, how about a beta blocker like metoprolol that blocks adrenaline?
–A diuretic–Such as hydrochlorothiazide to counteract the leg edema that so commonly develops with wheat consumption.
–An anti-inflammatory drug–Such as naproxen or ibuprofen, since joint pains and swelling so commonly develop in wheat-consumers.
–An anti-depressant–Mood fluctuations are so common in wheat-consuming people that a drug that boosts daytime mood and, even better, quiets the restless sleep associated with wheat consumption would be nice. It could be fluoxetine (Prozac), venlafaxine (Effexor), or bupropion (Wellbutrin), for instance. The antidepressant would also help you cope with the weight gain that accompanies wheat consumption.
–An opiate-blocking drug–Naltrexone will help block the exorphins that are yielded from the gliadin protein of wheat that massively increase appetite.

There you have it: The 7-drugs-in-1 that comes to you as Tritisync! It would save you money, save your health insurer money, and save your doctor the extra work of writing prescriptions for seven separate drugs. And you will feel better: less pain, less moodiness, less leg swelling, less cravings, and it will allow you to eat your beloved bagel or toast for breakfast and pasta for dinner . . . since the adverse effects have been blocked!

Ask your doctor if Tritisync is right for you. People who take Tritisync may experience diarrhea, weight gain, neurologic impairment, and dementia. Tell your doctor whether you are taking any other drugs such as MAO-inhibitors and opiates.

(Close with shots of happy people at work and home, talking, running, and laughing with happy background music.)

Ain’t modern medicine wonderful?

This entry was posted in Drugs and wheat. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Tritisync: A cure for what ails you

1. Cathy says:

Scary! Wonder where they have posted the vast number, probably pages and pages , of risk factors and contraindications of taking the drugs? Not to even get into why they are not addressing ways to avoid taking the drugs in the first place. UGH! Poor uninformed people!

2. Debbie B in MD says:

Now you are really asking for trouble. Do away with all those individual drugs? Surely we can’t have that. :) Great point Dr. Davis. At Diseny World last week I was enjoying waiting for our freshly prepared gluten-free food. They are great there. Anyway a guy was waiting for his as well He was telling me that he can’t wait for a drug to come out to “fix” his celiac disease. He can’t wait to go back to eating wheat. I started to share the other hazards of wheat, but it would have been useless. Celiac lead me to be wheat free, but I wouldn’t go back to eating wheat for anything. Thanks for the knowledge you share!

Great, Debbie!

Geneticists have been working feverishly to develop a less harmful form of wheat that contains less dangerous gluten variants. You and I could easily tell them to quit working so hard–it’s not possible. There are just too many bad components of wheat that, by taking all the bad out, you’d have nothing left.

3. DavidS says:

Dr. Davis, I’ve been wheat free for almost 2 months now and feel better than I have in a long time. Getting ready for my annual physical and I really would like to get off my cholesterol and BP meds if the numbers dictate that. I do know I probably shouldn’t make any changes without consulting my physican, question is do they normally take you off of these meds gradually and monitor things as you go or exactly what type of process should I expect from my doc? Thanks in advance for your comments.

• Eva LaRoche says:

Hi, David! Our personal physician is a medical internist (practices preventive medicine using alternative methods) who specializes in weaning people off of their meds, especially, the anti-hypertensive meds. He only recommends doing it by weaning off of them. My husband is on four different prescription drugs that his cardiologist had prescribed to him years back when his blood pressure skyrocketed. Over 10 months ago, we switched to a paleo lifestyle, and my husband has been able to go from 300 lbs. to 234 lbs. With the supervision of our physician, he has been able to reduce his dosages by 3/4. We are hoping that within the next month, he will be completely off of them. Hope this helps answer your question and good luck!

• Barbara Parry says:

Dear David. I will tell you of my experience.
      I noticed I was feeling weak a lot so when I checked my B/P I was hypotensive. The numbers were so low they scared me.
      I have been on the diet for about 2 months.
      It’s very important I think to keep track of your B/P when you start this diet. If you don’t have a B/P device get one.
      You are right you should check with your doc before you start to reduce your meds.
      I’m now on a reduced dose of meds and thrilled about it.

4. Wait! You forgot to include an acid blocker, so make that 8-in-1.

5. Jill says:

The acne drug too, that makes it 9-in-1. My skin cleared up, no more Proactive!

6. Gina says:

Have you seen this article yet?

Interesting that the headline implicates fat when almost the entirety of the article is about the addictive properties of sugar and carbs. And even the example they give in the article’s opening sentence — a cupcake — is addictive because of its wheat and sugar content, not its fat content. Ugh. You’ve ruined health reporting for me forever, Dr. Davis! Heh.

It is funny when you’ve seen what the real story is, isn’t it, Gina?

But as long as you understand, you can apply this lesson to you and your family and be slender and healthy.

7. evelyn says:

What are you waiting for? Do you know how many millions of dollars you could make on this? :)

8. One more reason to avoid grain “foods”, from Confessions of a former Big Food executive, http://www.brucebradley.com/
    “Hair and / or feathers: Called L-cysteine or cystine by the processed food world, this non-essential amino acid is made from human hair or duck feathers and is used as a dough conditioner to improve the texture of breads and baked goods. Again, since cystine comes from natural sources, you can eat “natural” and still have hair in your food.”

Next time, don’t bother picking that stray hair out of your restaurant food, it’s already in there, and it’s good for you anyway, it’s natural! I wonder if the vegans & vegetarians know that eating grain & bread products with these additives actually supports the harvesting of ducks? Kinda blows their whole “don’t eat anything that had a face or a mother” argument out of the water.

Need some more proof of the nastiness of processed “food” manufacturing? Try this: “Beaver Anal Glands: This bitter, very smelly, orange-brown substance is also known as castoreum. In nature it’s combined with the beaver’s urine and used to mark its territory. In the processed food world it’s commonly used in both food and beverages, typically as vanilla or raspberry flavoring. Watch out though, you won’t find it on the ingredient list since processed food manufacturers can legally call it “natural flavoring.” Just wait till PETA & the vegans/vegetarians find out about this, can’t even drink a soda now!

9. Linda Jones says:

I think we’re up to 9 – in-1 now.

You’re also forgetting the side effects from those drugs and the side effect relieving drugs that have to be prescribed as well.

I’m guessing we’re looking at 13.

Which happens to be a Bakers Dozen! We’re full circle now. The cause and the effect. ;)

10. Naomi Williams says:

What the hell, just throw all the extra stuff that’s not selling so well into the mix, and then call it the KitchenSync.

11. Tinkers says:

You forgot simethicone for the gas and bloating!!

12. Pingback: Drugs, drugs, everywhere

13. Frank says:

Well, I’m sorry to have to rain on everybody’s parade here. I’ve been absolutely, and I mean absolutely, wheat free since I read your book, Doc, and that would have been about 6 weeks ago. Last week, I purposely went off my BP meds, 2.5mg Lisinopril x1 per day, and my blood pressure has risen back to hypertensive levels: 107/70 to 137/90. The work I do has me standing for long periods of time and at the end of my workday my ankles show deep ridges from the work socks I’ve got to wear, looking like fluid has been restricted above those ridges. If I don’t have magnesium regularly, I get constipated as all get out. I didn’t have all that much weight to lose to begin with, even so, I have lost 4#’s and a couple inches off my waist, and I do sleep somewhat better. I’m not quite sure how to figure out how come I’m not getting the results everybody else is getting.

14. Jane says:

Hmmm. this wonder combo drug sounds like the body’s own protective system when it is functioning properly! Seems like we shut it down between bad lifestyle choices and just plain getting older. This system of protective enzymes can be activated through a biochemical pathway called Nrf2 that regulates these protective genes. There are a couple natural ways to turn this system back on… search “nrf2 gene activator” and explore it.
    Just recently I made the decision to get the wheat out of my diet. I love the title of your site and book. Kind of wish I had waited until after Thanksgiving…LOL… gotta start sometime!

15. Allison Essinger says:

Dr. Davis, I have a question for you. I have been about 97% gluten free for the past 6-7 weeks and added coconut oil at least 5 days a week. My waist has gone down at least 2″, and I’ve lost about 7 lbs. However, I was very disappointed after a doctor’s visit this week, when my blood work revealed that my total cholesterol had gone from 237 to 274. My LDL went from 151 to 179…HDL from 62 to 70 and I don’t have a tricylceride #, just that it was okay. I reread the section in the book last night that talked about a calculated LDL level, but I am confused on how I should move forward. I do not want to begin taking cholesterol lowering drugs, and I am wondering if I need to be wheat free for a longer period of time to see the affects. What concerns me is not just that my cholesterol didn’t go down, but that it went up and up nearly 40 points. What can you advise?

> I have been about 97% gluten free for the past 6-7 weeks …
      Take it to 100%. That 3% can trigger munchie madness.
      Also, what is your net carb intake?

> … and I’ve lost about 7 lbs.
      Dr. Davis has said several times that blood lipids during weight loss are elevated.
      Also, is your LDL being calculated (the usual worthless method) or directly measured, and if so, how?

16. Dart says:

Confessions of a Pharmaceutical Executive
    EVERY ONE SHOULD SEE AND HEAR THIS VIDEO…AND CIRCULATE IT BEFORE IT
    GETS ERASED !

17. Susan says:

Dr. Davis, Can you post something about gluten free meds and how to find out which ones are gluten free? My pharmacist called the manufacturers of Pradaxa and two others. They all said they couldn’t guarantee they were not contaminated with gluten because of all the binders used in manufacturing. I can’t have even a minute amount of gluten without having a bad reaction.